Katie’s Cocoa Energy Balls
My boyfriend’s little sister Katie is a keen cook, with a spot on vegan pancake recipe memorised and sweet treats up her sleeve. She’s always willing to help me veganise some of her fave dishes so she whipped these up for me and has been making them ever since!
These little balls are a wonderful treat at any time of the day. Kept cool in the fridge they should last up to a week (if you don’t devour them all first).
They’re vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, full of healthy fats and fibre.
-7 dates (I like to get medjool from the health food shop)
- 6 apricots
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- 1 Teaspoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 Teaspoon sunflower seeds
- 1 Teaspoon currants
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pit the dates and chop into segments
- Throw all the ingredients into a food processor
- Blitz until smooth
- Form into balls and roll in cocoa powder
- Pop in the freezer for 15 mins to firm up and then store in the fridge
Let me know if you make this recipe by tagging @minimallucy and #minimallucy on Instagram!