VeganViolett's Coconut Chocolate Bars
So if you were like me, the weird kid, who loved the Bounty Bars left at the bottom of a tub of celebrations... you're gonna love this.
The Instagram vegan community is full of plant based babes creating bomb versions of our fave pre-vegan snacks. This recipe is no exception.
Scrolling through one afternoon I came upon @veganviolett's post for her coconut chocolate bars and straight away I had to give them a go.
These little bites of deliciousness are so simple to make and so tasty that I couldn't not share it with you guys. All credit goes to @veganviolett for this recipe, can you believe this babe is only 17!? Bright futures ahead I tell you! And I just have to say a big thank you to her for allowing me to share this recipe here as I really enjoyed making and eating them.
The process does take a little bit of time as you have to chill the filling before coating with chocolate, but it's totally worth it. So here we go, thanks @veganviolett for your recipe!
-1.5 Cups (125g) desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp full fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp water (you may need more of less for the mixture to hold together in a chunky paste)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup (120g) dark chocolate (melted)
- Line baking tin with baking paper (I used a round cake tin to get a reasonable depth)
- Mix the coconut base layer ingredients together in a bowl until it starts to hold together
- Press this mixture into your baking tin and pop in the freezer to harden up
- Once removed from freezer the coconut base should be firm enough to cut into bar shapes, be gentle, they're fragile!
- Add chocolate and maple syrup into a bowl above boiling water and heat until melted
- Coat the coconut base in your chocolate topping, using a fork to cover all sides ( I topped mine with some more coconut for decoration)
- Put the coated bars into the fridge to harden up
- Enjoy on their own as a snack or as a dessert with your favourite non dairy ice-cream
Let me and @veganviolett know if you made this recipe by tagging us in your pics!